- St. Louis Author Carin Fahr Shulusky Releases Finding Light in a Lost Year
- Springfield: City highlights role of infrastructure, staff dedication during National Public Works Week May 15-21
The arrest is connected to an incident that occurred at approximately 12:30 a.m. on May 8, when Columbia Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 800 block of Grand Avenue.
Upon arrival, officers located a male victim with injuries caused by gunfire. The victim was identified as Demetrius Ware, 37, of Columbia. Ware was pronounced deceased after being transported to a local hospital by EMS.
This is an ongoing investigation being conducted by the Department's Criminal Investigations Division. More information may become available at a later time.
More on Missouriar
- Welcome AWATFIT The Fitness Truck to Fort Lauderdale
- Springfield: Public vaccination and special Memorial Day testing opportunity for week of May 23-27
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- Columbia: Suspect arrested in connection to bomb threat in 2400 block of West Ash Street, May 17
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
If you know something, say something. Columbia Police are asking for your help. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to please contact the Columbia Police Department at 573.874.7652.
To report a tip without including your name or contact information, call CrimeStoppers at 573.875.TIPS (8477). A tip that leads to an arrest or helps solve a felony crime could result in a cash reward.
Case number 2022-004164
Previous press release(s):
Columbia Police investigate homicide in the 800 block of Grand Avenue, May 8
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Workforce Vibe Tackles the Topic of Childcare and the Effects on the Workforce
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Kansas: Customers Advised of Wastewater Overflow near 3752 N. Cherry Street
- Springfield: Two hospitalized after West Tampa house fire
- Northwestern Mutual Associate Wealth Management Advisor Tyler Gibisch Earns CFP
- DOVE® Dental Products expands product line with a second single-use aerosol evacuation solution to combat COVID-19
- Columbia City Council approves raises for all permanent City employees
- Blockchain Startup Aimed at Financial Inclusion Secures 25 Million Dollar Capital Commitment
- HR Tech Awards Recognizes Valuable Contributors to Hiring, Retention, and More
- The Martini Shot Launches A Sci-Fi Martial Arts and Fashion Franchise
- 1040 Abroad: Live tax-free if you earn less than $112,000
- St. Louis: Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Hosts Second Community Town Hall, Listens to Resident Feedback on $250 Million Remaining Funding from American Rescue Plan
- Kansas: Customers Advised of Wastewater Overflow near 8800 NW Cadwaller Drive
- New Research: Survey of U.S. HR Leaders Shows Action Is Required to Improve Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) & Accessibility Practices
- Implement The Exploration Of Charity In The Virtual World Concept Till The Very End