- Revize Client City of Wentzville, MO Takes Home Silver Circle Award at 3CMA Conference
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Columbia: Smoke in Building NextGen Precision Health Institute
A man and his daughter were saved by a working smoke alarm July 18 when a fire occurred in their residence near Belview Avenue and Rockhurst Street. The male occupant was awakened by the alarm and saw fire along one wall of his bedroom. He and his daughter were both able to evacuate safely. He was treated for minor smoke inhalation.
Fire companies from nearby Fire Station 3 responded within three minutes and quickly contained the fire to the bedroom and extinguished it. The fire investigation determined the cause of the fire to be misuse of an extension cord.
More on Missouriar
- St. Louis: Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Joins Biden-Harris Administration to Launch House America Initiative to Address Homelessness Crisis
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Palm Beach Area Residents!
- Springfield: Grant to allow Fire Department to begin recycling used smoke alarms
- Columbia: Lane restrictions on East Stewart Drive Scheduled for Sept. 22 - Oct. 1
- New gallery exhibits including FROM FALLUJAH featuring four contemporary photographers work from Fallujah
Properly installed and maintained smoke alarms play a vital role in reducing injuries and deaths from a house fire. Smoke alarms should be installed on every level of the home, in each bedroom and outside each sleeping area.
Only high-quality, listed extension cords should be used in the home. Extension cords should not be covered with household goods that can hold heat and eventually cause combustion.
The Fire Department offers free smoke alarms and batteries to anyone in need. If you have questions or need smoke alarms or batteries, call the Fire Department at 417-874-2300 for assistance or to schedule an appointment for a free smoke alarm check or installation.
For more information, please contact Assistant Chief Kevin Trogdon at 417-874-2320.
Latest on Missouriar
- Columbia Police respond to report of shots fired in the 10 block of N. Fifth Street, Sept. 18
- Join Our 25th Year Celebration and Prayer for Peace Today
- Kansas: Local Conservators Help Neighbors Protect Public Art
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Columbia: Sewer Utility schedules Interested Parties Meeting to discuss pump station maintenance
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- Columbia Mayor Brian Treece to hold community briefing Friday, Sept. 17
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Names Sheena Hamilton New St. Louis City Counselor
- Concessionaire for Kansas City International Airport New Terminal recommended to City Council
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Springfield: Register Today for 2021 Virtual Stop the Violence Conference
- Christine Chirco Joins Srote & Co Architects
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO