- Beyond Visionary Has Partnered With Heal America To Host INFORM Dallas
- Sea Island Writers Retreat and chromatic black™ Host Three Virtual Writing Workshops
- Help Wanted: Oakland-Based Children Rising Seeks Volunteers to Help Students Overcome COVID-Related Learning Loss
"St. Louis' first responders, volunteers, and community leaders have worked countless hours to provide necessary services and information to our residents impacted by last week's devastating floods," said Mayor Tishaura O. Jones. "We will continue to work closely with our state and federal partners as we put our city on the path to recovery."
After deploying mobile command centers for the past week in the city's hard-hit neighborhoods, beginning tomorrow (August 5), the City of St. Louis will instead shift its response to the State's Multi-Agency Resource Centers (MARC). These centers help flood survivors connect with organizations that can assist with insurance information, legal services, food stamps, and emergency financial assistance.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia announces fire chief finalists
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Inland Water Works Supply Co.
- Springfield: Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Event will be held on Aug 18
- Evolytics Ranks #58 on Fortune's 2022 List of Best Small Workplaces™
The next two days will see the MARC move into the City of St. Louis. Friendly Temple Church will provide its building on Friday from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm and again on Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm for residents to seek additional assistance. Residents should plan to bring proof of their current address when they attend the MARC. Childcare will be provided. This week's two previous MARC locations reached capacity; residents interested in attending are encouraged by Missouri State Emergency Agency (SEMA) to register in advance online.
Anyone who would like to volunteer to help the MARC activities is encouraged to visit stlvolunteer.org/disasterhelp. Opportunities include assisting clients with necessary registration, directing traffic, greeting clients as they enter, and distributing water and other resources. Anyone wishing to donate items individually or in bulk should deliver them to the Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis location at 8960 Jennings Station Rd. in Jennings, MO. Donations may be made Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please call 314-388-9840, Ext 115, ahead of time to coordinate the drop-off of supplies.
The City of St. Louis continuously updates information on its flood response and recovery website. Check out stlouis-mo.gov/flood for the latest efforts and connections to community organizations.
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Andy's Frozen Custard launches Route 66 Festival competition
- Columbia: COVID-19 vaccine community clinic to be held at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church Aug. 13
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Emerson to Sell InSinkErator Business to Whirlpool Corporation
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- St. Louis: White House Declares Monkeypox a Public Health Emergency
- Springfield: Health Department promoting back-to-school vaccination opportunities for students
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Springfield: This week's COVID-19 public vaccination opportunities: August 8 - 12
- Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- CorEnergy Declares Common and Preferred Dividends, Provides Volume Update and Schedules Results Release for Second Quarter 2022
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Nino X Man releases Hip-Hop Compilation titled "662 the Truth" with No Limit Forever East
- St. Louis Municipal Courts Dismisses Backlog of Low-Level Cases as City of St. Louis Announces Date for Warrant Reset Day, Second Chance Job Fair
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Missouri American Water Completes Acquisition of Eureka Water and Wastewater Systems, Plans for Pipeline Construction