- Cargill joins Selerant on stage at American Food Innovate 2023
- City of Fountains Foundation Celebrates 50 Years with Kansas City Royals Partnership
- Cash Depot Appoints Tony Gaines as Chief Revenue Officer and Brand Ambassador
The new location on Grand St. replaces the location formerly housed at the Jordan Valley clinic on Tampa St. There is no longer a WIC office at 440 E Tampa St. in Springfield. The locations on Grand St. and Kearney St. are full-service WIC locations offering food package benefits, nutrition education, breastfeeding support and other services. Other WIC locations include a full-service office in Republic (554 E Harrison St.) and five satellite locations for eWIC benefits open one day a week:
- Missouri Career Center (2900 E Sunshine St.)
- Renew United Methodist in Willard (304 S Farmer Rd.)
- Westside Public Health Center (660 S Scenic Ave.)
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton (2200 W Republic Rd.)
- O'Reilly Center for Hope (1518 E Dale St.)
For more information about the WIC program, locations, and hours, or to find out if you qualify, call (417) 864-1540 or visit WICworks417.org.
More on Missouriar
- Veterans Home Care Commemorates National Vietnam Veterans Day
- Waterleaf International, LLC Announces Hiring of Chief Sales Officer
- City of St. Louis Environmental Investigation Unit Issues Record Number of Citations for Illegal Dumping, Strengthens Camera System with American Rescue Plan Funds
- EVERWILD Returns To Legend Valley With Lineup Featuring Pepper, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, and host band Tropidelic
- World's First AI-Generated Satirical News Website Launches, Outperforms Humans in Humor and Intelligence
WIC's mission is to safeguard the health of women, infants and children who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to enhance diets, information on healthy eating and referrals to health care and other community resources. Both new locations will help address gaps in health services that exist in our community by bringing services to those who may have issues accessing them at other locations.
WIC services are provided to eligible women who are pregnant, breastfeeding and/or post-partum mothers, as well as infants and children up to the age of five. The income eligibility threshold is 185% of the federal poverty level. For a family of three, that currently equates to an annual gross household income of about $42,606. For a family of four, the threshold is $51,338.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
"Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives."
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on Missouriar
- City of St. Louis Files Federal Lawsuit Against Kia, Hyundai for Automaker's Failure to Install Industry-Standard Safety Technology
- Kansas City Gamer xChillisx Signs Global Distribution Deal With BGE Digital Distribution
- Protecting and enhancing wildlife populations could be a global warming game changer
- Daugherty Named a 2023 Best Place to Work by the St. Louis Business Journal
- Hai Robotics Wins Innovation Award for Existing Product at Promat 2023
- 2023 National Farmworker Awareness Week
- Orbex Introduces Double Profits for New Traders
- Quotehunt.co.uk: Revolutionising the UK B2B Market with Comprehensive Comparison Services for Small Businesses
- Dr. Kelli Ward and Martha Boneta Fain join the advisory board of Legacy PAC , a partner of Veterans for Trump
- 2023 Employee Handbook Templates Now Available
- Mercy Street to Host the Largest Opening Day Event in the Organization's 20 Year History
- City of St. Louis Recreation Division Summer Camp Registration opens April 3
- The Nashville International Chopin Piano Competition Announces the Alexei Sultanov Memorial Discovery Prize
- Kobie Voted a Top Workplace USA
- 15th Annual Robert Classic French Film Festival Apr. 14-16, 21-23, 28-30 at Webster University
- Aquia Inc. Joins the AWS Partner Network and the AWS Public Sector Partner Program
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics ® Offers Tetra CoolPeel Co2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Databloom's Blossom Achieves Faster and More Efficient Big Data Analytics
- From Wedding Bouquets to a Rose From the Past
- PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED AND RARE RECORDINGS FROM CHARLIE PARKER'S FRUITFUL TIME IN LOS ANGELES RELEASED ON NEW COLLECTION, "BIRD IN LA"