- Emerson Declares Dividend
- Beyond Visionary Has Partnered With Heal America To Host INFORM Dallas
- Sea Island Writers Retreat and chromatic black™ Host Three Virtual Writing Workshops
Municipal Court Judge Wendy Garrison has been named chief judge of the court, effective July 3. She replaces Todd Thornhill, who passed away in April. The City will fill the vacancy created by Garrison's promotion to chief judge as soon as possible.
"Wendy was selected using a very thorough and competitive process," said City Manager Jason Gage. "She is very bright, experienced and has a terrific approach. We truly look forward to having Wendy as our municipal court chief judge."
Garrison joined the City as a Municipal Court judge in January 2018. She previously served as an assistant public defender IV for the state of Missouri in Springfield. She was a partner in the law firm of Twibell, Johnson, Johnson & Garrison in Springfield from 2002 until 2010. She was in private practice in Neosho from 1998 until 2002, where she also served as a conflicts attorney for the Missouri State Public Defender. Garrison's law experience also includes serving as an assistant city attorney for the city of Neosho and as a Newton County assistant prosecuting attorney. Garrison also served as a law clerk for the Missouri Court of Appeals Southern District.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia announces fire chief finalists
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Inland Water Works Supply Co.
- Springfield: Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Event will be held on Aug 18
- Evolytics Ranks #58 on Fortune's 2022 List of Best Small Workplaces™
Garrison received her law degree from the University of Tulsa College of Law and her bachelor of arts degree in English from Drury University.
She is a member of the Missouri Bar Association, the Missouri Bar Foundation Board of Trustees, the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association and a 2015 recipient of Missouri Lawyers Media's Public Service Practitioner Award and a 2010 recipient of Springfield Business Journal Twenty Most Influential Women Award.
"It is an honor to be selected as chief judge for Municipal Court," Garrison said. "We have a great team of employees and it is a privilege to lead them."
Garrison's salary will be $145,000.
Download Garrison's portrait.
For more information or to set up an interview with Judge Garrison, please contact Cora Scott at 417-380-3352 or [email protected]
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Andy's Frozen Custard launches Route 66 Festival competition
- Columbia: COVID-19 vaccine community clinic to be held at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church Aug. 13
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Emerson to Sell InSinkErator Business to Whirlpool Corporation
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- St. Louis: White House Declares Monkeypox a Public Health Emergency
- Springfield: Health Department promoting back-to-school vaccination opportunities for students
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Springfield: This week's COVID-19 public vaccination opportunities: August 8 - 12
- Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- State of Missouri Requests Federal Disaster Declaration for City of St. Louis
- CorEnergy Declares Common and Preferred Dividends, Provides Volume Update and Schedules Results Release for Second Quarter 2022
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Nino X Man releases Hip-Hop Compilation titled "662 the Truth" with No Limit Forever East
- St. Louis Municipal Courts Dismisses Backlog of Low-Level Cases as City of St. Louis Announces Date for Warrant Reset Day, Second Chance Job Fair
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Missouri American Water Completes Acquisition of Eureka Water and Wastewater Systems, Plans for Pipeline Construction