- Kansas: KC Water Celebrated the Completion of the Trolley Trail Basin
- St. Louis: SLATE Announces a Holly Jolly Hiring Fair
- Springfield Police Now Investigating North Glenstone Assault as a Homicide
"People who have been waiting to get vaccinated can be confident that Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine now carries the FDA's strongest endorsement of safety and effectiveness," said Chief Medical Officer Dr. Nancy Yoon. "Our hope is that this approval reassures all individuals that the vaccine is extremely safe and helps reduce the risks of severe illness, hospitalizations and deaths."
As of Friday, 46.5% of Greene County residents 12 and older are fully vaccinated while 52.4% are partially vaccinated. On Thursday, the seven-day rolling average of new cases fell below 100 for the first time since June. Currently, the seven-day average is 80.
The Health Department is currently offering third doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines to certain immunocompromised individuals. Qualified individuals may obtain a third dose at any clinic listed at vaccine417.com or by calling the COVID-19 Call Center at 417-874-1211.CoxHealth, Mercy Springfield and Jordan Valley Community Health Center are also offering third doses for moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals.
More on Missouriar
- St. Louis Parks, Recreation and Forestry Division to Hold Halloween Events at City Recreation Centers
- Blackground Records 2.0 Announces 2 Sisters as President and Head of Publicity
- Springfield Fire Department joins DOL apprenticeship program
- Springfield: October 13th Crash at Grant and Commercial Turns Fatal
- 16:49 ET "Truth About Drugs" Week in Kansas City Kicks Off at the Church of Scientology
Below is a list of opportunities for individuals to receive vaccine for the week of August 30 - September 5:
Monday, August 30
- Parkview Christian Church (SGCHD) – 1362 S Campbell Ave from 9 – 11 am. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+)
- Davidson Rental Properties (SGCHD) – 4014 E Kearney from 3 – 5 pm. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+)
Tuesday, August 31
- The Ambassador Apartments (SGCHD) -- 1235 E Elm St from 11 am – 1 pm. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+) or Moderna (ages 18+)
- Frisco Lofts (SGCHD) -- 309 N Jefferson from 3 – 5 pm. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+)
Wednesday, September 1
- Westside Health Department (SGCHD) – 660 S. Scenic from 10 am – 2 pm. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+) or Moderna (ages 18+)
Thursday, September 2
- Heritage Tower (JVCHC) -- 515 W Mt Vernon St from 10 am – 12 pm. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+), Moderna (ages 18+) or Johnson & Johnson (ages 18+)
- Stillwell Columns Apartments (JVCHC) -- 525 S Campbell Ave from 10 am – 12 pm. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+), Moderna (ages 18+) or Johnson & Johnson (ages 18+)
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church (SGCHD) -- 1609 N Summit Ave from 5 – 7 pm. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+) or Moderna (ages 18+)
Friday, September 3
- Franciscan Villa (SGCHD) -- 620 W Scott from 10 am – 12 pm. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+)
- Westport Park Apartments (SGCHD) -- 250 N Hilton Ave #105B from 3 – 5 pm. Vaccine offered: Pfizer (ages 12+)
These opportunities are in addition to the recurring vaccination clinics at Jordan Valley Community Health Center's Tampa Clinic at 440 E. Tampa. Jordan Valley is offering walk-in vaccinations for Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., with extended hours on Tuesday from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. COVID-19 vaccines are also available by appointment or walk-in through CoxHealth and Mercy Hospital Springfield.
More on Missouriar
- Kansas: KCMO Houseless Update and Winter Preparedness
- eNubia 2nd Annual Commercializing African Innovation Forum (CAIF) in partnership with African Union
- MedWand Solutions, Inc. Imagines a Better FUTURE with Smithsonian's First Large-Scale Exploration Exhibit
- GBKSOFT Shares Top 3 CRM Development Trends to Follow in 2021
- California Pools Opens Dallas Office, The Company's 5th Texas Location
A list of these events and additional opportunities can be found at vaccine417.com or by calling (417) 874-1211.
Although pre-registration is not required, individuals may make an appointment for a vaccine clinic at vaccine417.com.
Organizations interested in hosting a public COVID-19 vaccination clinic should contact the Health Department's Outreach Team at [email protected] or call (417) 874-1211 for more information.
Inquiries from the public can be made by contacting the Health Department's call center at (417) 874-1211 or by email at [email protected].
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
"Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives."
http://health.springfieldmo.gov/" rel="nofollow external noopener">health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway
Latest on Missouriar
- DemandBlue announces its Revenue Cloud Accelerator Program to fast-track Salesforce CPQ implementation
- Lead Bank Taps LendingClub VP for Director of Banking as a Service (BaaS)
- Springfield: All COVID-19 boosters now available; Health Dept launches tool to help understand current guidance
- Columbia: Moderna, Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine booster doses recommended for some groups, mixing vaccines approved
- Paula McGee-Davis of Swaggerty Sausage Company, Inc. Among This Year's North American Meat Institute's Emerging Leaders
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Celebrates St. Louis in Filmmaker Ken Burns' Honor Your Hometown Campaign
- The Ancient Medicine Provides Solution to Modern Infertility Problem in Monmouth County, NJ
- Informer Repeats as Best Price to Value in BARC BI & Analytics 2022 Survey
- 4 Reasons Why Retail Media is indispensable for CPG Brands
- Business Help Network Announces The Big Push: Q4 Summit, a Virtual Event that Helps Entrepreneurs Succeed
- Sidow Sobrino duo releases first collaborative LP
- Kansas: NTDF application deadline extended
- Springfield: June Traffic Crash at Kearney and West Bypass Turns Fatal
- Columbia: 2022 Diversity Award Nominations Open
- 17:27 ET Andrews McMeel Universal Announces Appointment of Jeffrey Belle to Board of Directors
- IAC retains Newmark for 7711 E Pleasant Valley Rd, Independence, OH
- Columbia Police respond to a report of shots fired in the 1700 block of McKee St., Oct. 25
- Window Treatment Marketing Pros Reveals Low Price Pandemic-Driven Marketing Solutions
- Springfield: Mayor to announce plans for annual tree lighting and holiday show event Tuesday
- Springfield Police Investigating West Lynn St. shooting as a Homicide