- Kansas: KC Water Celebrated the Completion of the Trolley Trail Basin
- Springfield: Amended Citizen Participation Plan available for public comment through Nov. 22
- Automation Intellect Closes a Major Funding Round
Oct. 12, 2021
Springfield Police Investigate Fatality Crash
Springfield police were dispatched to the intersection of Sunshine and Marion at 10:57 P.M., on October 9, 2021, regarding a single-vehicle crash.
The initial investigation indicated a red 2011 Kia Optima was eastbound on Sunshine approaching the intersection of Sunshine and Marion. The vehicle left the roadway on the south side of the intersection and struck a traffic signal pole. The driver and sole occupant of the vehicle was transported to the hospital where he later died.
The deceased driver of the van was identified as Toby Holland, a 21-year-old male from Buffalo, Missouri. Family members of the deceased have been notified.
More on Missouriar
- Blackground Records 2.0 Announces 2 Sisters as President and Head of Publicity
- Springfield Fire Department joins DOL apprenticeship program
- Springfield: October 13th Crash at Grant and Commercial Turns Fatal
- 16:49 ET "Truth About Drugs" Week in Kansas City Kicks Off at the Church of Scientology
- Kansas: KCMO Houseless Update and Winter Preparedness
Officers with the department's Traffic Section are continuing to investigate the circumstances involved in the crash and are asking anyone who has information about this incident to contact the Springfield Police Department at 417-864-1810.
This motor vehicle crash marks the twenty-third traffic fatality in Springfield in 2021.
Case number: 21-36576
Media Contact: Lt. Jennifer Charleston
Release authorized by: Capt. Culley Wilson
Latest on Missouriar
- Tom Dunn, CPA, Voted One of the Best 2021 Accountants by Small Business Monthly Readers
- Springfield: Workforce Vibe Podcast Talks to High Schoolers About Their Future
- Subir Chowdhury awarded UK's prestigious Manufacturing Gold Medal
- Best Places to Work in Dallas, TX
- START's Social Media Playbook Offers Hope and Guidance for Parents of the Digital Generation
- 1,256 Colored Shape NFTs Just Sold Out In One Hour
- Producer 9-0 Releases "Loop Me In" Single Under No Limit Forever East Label
- 19:18 ET St. Louis Takes a Stand Against Drug Abuse by Declaring October to be Drug-Smart Month
- Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas to Visit St. Louis
- Springfield: All COVID-19 boosters now available; Health Dept launches tool to help understand current guidance
- Columbia: Water & Light recognized as a Smart Energy Provider
- Bob Holz to release new album featuring John Mclaughlin, Jean Luc Ponty, Darryl Jones and Randy Brecker
- Springfield Fire Department begins fifth and final week of Fire Prevention Month visits
- Kansas: KCZoo Aquarium Coming 2023
- DemandBlue announces its Revenue Cloud Accelerator Program to fast-track Salesforce CPQ implementation
- Lead Bank Taps LendingClub VP for Director of Banking as a Service (BaaS)
- Columbia: Moderna, Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine booster doses recommended for some groups, mixing vaccines approved
- Paula McGee-Davis of Swaggerty Sausage Company, Inc. Among This Year's North American Meat Institute's Emerging Leaders
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Celebrates St. Louis in Filmmaker Ken Burns' Honor Your Hometown Campaign