- Emerson Declares Dividend
- Beyond Visionary Has Partnered With Heal America To Host INFORM Dallas
- Sea Island Writers Retreat and chromatic black™ Host Three Virtual Writing Workshops
In April, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new data showing that state-required childhood immunizations in kindergarteners dropped by one percent during the 2020–21 school year. This could mean falling behind in their scheduled diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccine doses, Polio (IPV), measles, mumps, and rubella, as well as chickenpox.
Delayed or missed vaccinations can have consequences for the entire community. In 2019, the greatest number of measles cases were reported in the U.S. since 1992 with 1,282 individual cases. The majority, according to the CDC, were among people who were not vaccinated against the virus. Moreover, despite being eradicated from the U.S. for more than 30 years, a case of Polio (IPV) was detected in New York last month, in an unvaccinated person, further highlighting the importance of keeping up with vaccines.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia announces fire chief finalists
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Inland Water Works Supply Co.
- Springfield: Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Event will be held on Aug 18
- Evolytics Ranks #58 on Fortune's 2022 List of Best Small Workplaces™
These incidences highlight the need to prioritize childhood immunizations, especially among children who may have fallen behind due to the COVID-19 pandemic making seeing a doctor more difficult.
New and existing patients can contact the provider of their choice to make an appointment or visit vaccine417.com for details and back-to-school vaccination opportunities.
Locations, dates, times and more details can be found on the Find-a-Vaccine map and Vaccination Opportunities calendar at vaccine417.com. COVID-19 vaccines will not be available at these back-to-school opportunities, but more information on COVID-19 vaccination clinics can be found on both the map and calendar.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
"Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives."
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Andy's Frozen Custard launches Route 66 Festival competition
- Columbia: COVID-19 vaccine community clinic to be held at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church Aug. 13
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Emerson to Sell InSinkErator Business to Whirlpool Corporation
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- St. Louis: White House Declares Monkeypox a Public Health Emergency
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Springfield: This week's COVID-19 public vaccination opportunities: August 8 - 12
- Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- State of Missouri Requests Federal Disaster Declaration for City of St. Louis
- CorEnergy Declares Common and Preferred Dividends, Provides Volume Update and Schedules Results Release for Second Quarter 2022
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Nino X Man releases Hip-Hop Compilation titled "662 the Truth" with No Limit Forever East
- St. Louis Municipal Courts Dismisses Backlog of Low-Level Cases as City of St. Louis Announces Date for Warrant Reset Day, Second Chance Job Fair
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Missouri American Water Completes Acquisition of Eureka Water and Wastewater Systems, Plans for Pipeline Construction