Trending...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The cause of the Wednesday evening fire at 920 E. Walnut has been determined to be accidental, with the origin of the fire occurring in the electrical wiring in an apartment on the first floor. Construction features of the building allowed for aggressive development and spread of the fire into the upper floors and attic space. The Springfield Fire Department last inspected this building in 2019. Working smoke alarms were present and activating at the time of the fire. No occupants or firefighters were injured as a result of the fire. The investigation by the Bureau of Fire Prevention is closed.

More on Missouriar
###

For more information, please contact Fire Chief David Pennington at 417-874-2310.

Filed Under: Government, City

Show All News | Report Violation

0 Comments

Latest on Missouriar