- Emerson Declares Dividend
- Beyond Visionary Has Partnered With Heal America To Host INFORM Dallas
- Sea Island Writers Retreat and chromatic black™ Host Three Virtual Writing Workshops
The City of Springfield is gathering feedback on conceptual design plans for safety and pedestrian improvements along Kansas Avenue between Walnut Lawn and Maplewood streets in the Greater Parkcrest Neighborhood.
An informational open house is scheduled 5-7 p.m., Thursday, July 14 at Amazing Grace Fellowship Church (3801 S. Kansas Ave) for residents and property owners to learn more about the project and provide feedback. Input can also be submitted virtually by visiting springfieldmo.gov/kansasavenue.
The goal of the potential future project is to improve motorist safety by reducing the height difference between the roadway and connecting driveways and eliminating the open ditches on either side of Kansas Avenue. The project will include the reconstruction of the roadway with the addition of curb and gutter and construction of new underground stormwater infrastructure. The project will improve pedestrian connectivity through the addition of crosswalks and construction of a new sidewalk along the east side of Kansas Avenue and multi-use path along the west side.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia announces fire chief finalists
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Inland Water Works Supply Co.
- Springfield: Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Event will be held on Aug 18
- Evolytics Ranks #58 on Fortune's 2022 List of Best Small Workplaces™
"We know there is some speeding in the area, so we plan to keep the lanes narrow to help naturally reduce speed," explains Project Manager Andy Haase. "There are also no plans at this time to add a third lane or change the classification of the road or the speed limit."
The conceptual design for Kansas Avenue Roadway Improvement Project was approved by voters through the 2019 renewal of the ¼-cent Capital Improvement Sales Tax which allocated $750,000 for design and partial right of way. The design contractor for the project is local civil engineering firm Bartlett & West. Funding for construction of the project is not currently allocated. The project is expected to be included in upcoming sales tax public feedback initiatives. If selected for further funding, construction of the project would not take place until 2024 or later.
"We have a conceptual design and we're ready to take it to residents and property owners in the area to see what they think," says Haase. "Of course, we are still a few years out from potential construction, but if there are specific comments or concerns, now is the time for us to hear them so we can incorporate that feedback into the final design."
For more information on the project, visit springfieldmo.gov/kansasavenue.
For more information, contact Communication Coordinator Kristen Milam at 573-819-3713 or [email protected]
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Andy's Frozen Custard launches Route 66 Festival competition
- Columbia: COVID-19 vaccine community clinic to be held at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church Aug. 13
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Emerson to Sell InSinkErator Business to Whirlpool Corporation
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- St. Louis: White House Declares Monkeypox a Public Health Emergency
- Springfield: Health Department promoting back-to-school vaccination opportunities for students
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Springfield: This week's COVID-19 public vaccination opportunities: August 8 - 12
- Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- State of Missouri Requests Federal Disaster Declaration for City of St. Louis
- CorEnergy Declares Common and Preferred Dividends, Provides Volume Update and Schedules Results Release for Second Quarter 2022
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Nino X Man releases Hip-Hop Compilation titled "662 the Truth" with No Limit Forever East
- St. Louis Municipal Courts Dismisses Backlog of Low-Level Cases as City of St. Louis Announces Date for Warrant Reset Day, Second Chance Job Fair
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Missouri American Water Completes Acquisition of Eureka Water and Wastewater Systems, Plans for Pipeline Construction