- Crowds Wire LTD is Launching the Marketing Agency New Site
- Wohler releases iAM-AUDIO-8 with AoIP options
- Columbia: 3100 Block of Creasy Springs Road
The City of Springfield is currently taking applications for a variety of boards and commissions. While the full listing of boards and commissions vacancies is available at springfieldmo.gov/boards, the City seeks to fill the below openings at City Council's next Public Involvement Committee meeting. Please apply by Nov. 26 for consideration for the below openings.
Citizens' Tax Oversight Committee
This committee reviews and monitors the collection of the 1/4-cent Capital Improvements Sales Tax revenues, the 1/8-cent Transportation Sales Tax revenues, the 3/4-cent Police and Fire Fighters Pension Fund Sales Tax revenues, the Hotel/Motel Tax revenues, and the Level Property Tax revenues. In addition, the committee may evaluate any proposed reduction or enhancement to pension benefits before presentation to City Council.
Environmental Advisory Board
This city-county board makes recommendations to the various departments, boards and agencies of the City and to City Council on programs or activities which will improve, preserve and/or protect the natural environment of the community.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia to open temporary overnight warming center at Wabash Bus Station Jan. 28
- Self-Care Routine Cards, LLC Website Launch
- QM Power Fortifies Partnership with University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Expands U.S. Presence
- Mr. Ismail Sirdah – A Man Of Intelligence And Patience
- Caleres Earns Top Score in Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index
https://www.springfieldmo.gov/833/Springfield-G..." rel="nofollow external noopener">https://www.springfieldmo.gov/833/Springfield-G...">More information
Two openings with special requirements: one appointee must live or work in the Midtown neighborhood and one must live or work in the Commercial Street Historic District.
This board advises City Council, City Planning and Zoning Commission, the Park Board and the City Manager relating to the identification, protection, retention and preservation of historic sites in the City of Springfield.
This board advises the City Council, City Manager and Director of Personnel concerning personnel administration and makes any investigation which it considers desirable concerning the administration of personnel in the municipal service; approves merit system rules and hears appeals from disciplinary action. Note: Correspondence should be directed to the Busch Municipal Building, 840 Boonville, 65802 or 417 864-1600.
More on Missouriar
- Kansas: ReBuild KC - Neighborhood Grants opens door to numerous neighborhood improvements
- Kaplan Morrell Attorneys at Law Announces New Partner
- Cinema St. Louis to Receive 100K Grant from NEA as part of American Rescue Plan
- Daniel Renner Joins Affinity Law Group, LLC
- Culinary And Cannabis Presents The CannaSpa Celebrity Gifting Lounge In Honor of Super Bowl LVI
The City has more than 25 standing boards and commissions, providing hundreds of opportunities for citizens to get involved in the community. Requirements for the City's standing boards and commissions vary. Please visit springfieldmo.gov/boards to view the latest openings.
# # #
For more information, contact City Clerk Anita Cotter, 417-864-1651 or [email protected] or Regina Crumrine, 417-864-1636 or [email protected]. Media are asked to contact Cora Scott, director of Public Information & Civic Engagement, at 417-864-1009 (office) | 417-380-3352 (cell), [email protected]
Latest on Missouriar
- Columbia: Changes to COVID-19 data reporting, Information Hub
- Columbia: Lane restrictions and sidewalk closures on Worley Street to continue through February
- Sababa returns to Washington University on September 18
- ATXI receives final approval to construct the Limestone Ridge Project in southeast Missouri
- Neptuno USA, Corp Completes NAAP© Asset Management Program Implementation and 3D Site Virtualization of Vertical Portfolio of Missouri Based Gateway Towers, a Subsidiary of Chariton Valley
- Interested parties meeting scheduled regarding reconstruction of Taxiway A at Columbia Regional Airport
- Right now Unique Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram has the largest volume of inventory in the Burlington area!
- SafuCoin (SAFUCOIN) announces it will provide a critical missing part of the infrastructure for the crypto economy – a 'trust layer'
- New hire power hitters bring additional strategic depth to help USAM's clients
- CyberSecurity Malaysia, EclecticIQ, and Syntx Sign MOU to Build Cyber Threat Intelligence Capabilities in the Region
- Springfield: Missing Person: Joseph D. Sparks
- PEABODY TO ANNOUNCE RESULTS FOR THE QUARTER ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2021
- Springfield Police Investigate Fatality Crash
- Springfield: Virtual media briefing at 10:30 am Wednesday
- CorEnergy Announces Tax Characterization of 2021 Distributions
- Commercial Collection Bureau Partners with Leadferno for B2B Text Messaging and More
- 11Sight Welcomes Jason Carver as Vice President of Product Management
- Purina Announces 2022 Pet Care Innovation Prize Winners
- Missouri Confluence Waterkeeper Announces Multi-Year Grant to Fund Clean Water Initiative in STL
- Emerson's Sensi™ Touch Smart Thermostat Wins AHRI 2021 Integrated Home Competition