- Columbia: Smoke in Building NextGen Precision Health Institute
- Revize Client City of Wentzville, MO Takes Home Silver Circle Award at 3CMA Conference
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
The City of Springfield is seeking applicants for the Police-Civilian Review Board, a seven-member volunteer board that meets as needed to review appeals made by private citizens of determinations made by the Springfield Police Department regarding matters of officer conduct. Four spots are open on the seven-member board and applications will remain open until Sept. 22. Those who have applied over the past year still have applications on file and will be considered for appointment. The City Council's Committee of the Whole will convene after the application period closes to review the applications and decide on appointments. The Police Civilian Review Board was formed in 1999 and was originally established consisting of five members but was expanded to seven members in 2020.
In 2020, Ordinance 2020-249 also made the following modifications:
- All members are now appointed by City Council acting as the Committee of the Whole, as opposed to the previous process where three members were appointed by City Council and two were appointed by the City Manager.
- The requirement that an individual complete the Citizens Police Academy prior to applying to serve on the Police Civilian Review Board was removed.
- Language that governed the transition from two-year terms to three-year terms was removed, as that transition is complete and all current members are serving three-year terms.
- The Police Department will conduct a background check, including the criminal history of applicants, and provide the results to City Council for use in considering potential appointments. (This process was previously completed as part of the application process for the Citizens Police Academy.)
To apply, visit https://www.springfieldmo.gov/831/Police-Civilian-Review-Board.
More on Missouriar
- Triangle Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- "Just Looking" Real Estate Program is a BIG Hit with Mississippi Area Residents
- St. Louis: Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Joins Biden-Harris Administration to Launch House America Initiative to Address Homelessness Crisis
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Palm Beach Area Residents!
- Springfield: Grant to allow Fire Department to begin recycling used smoke alarms
# # #
For more information, contact Cora Scott, Director of Public Information & Civic Engagement at 417-380-3352 or [email protected] or Anita Cotter, City Clerk, at 417-864-1651 or [email protected].
Latest on Missouriar
- ThrottleNet Named #1 IT Firm In St. Louis For 6th Year In A Row By Small Business Monthly
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Minneapolis Area Residents!
- Columbia Police respond to report of shots fired in the 10 block of N. Fifth Street, Sept. 18
- Join Our 25th Year Celebration and Prayer for Peace Today
- Kansas: Local Conservators Help Neighbors Protect Public Art
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Columbia: Sewer Utility schedules Interested Parties Meeting to discuss pump station maintenance
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- Columbia Mayor Brian Treece to hold community briefing Friday, Sept. 17
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Names Sheena Hamilton New St. Louis City Counselor
- Concessionaire for Kansas City International Airport New Terminal recommended to City Council
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Springfield: Register Today for 2021 Virtual Stop the Violence Conference
- Christine Chirco Joins Srote & Co Architects
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers