- Looks Can Be Deceiving - 10 Things Every American Should Consider Before Travelling to Panama
- Columbia: Smoke in Building NextGen Precision Health Institute
- City of St. Louis, Business, Civic and Community Leaders Come Together to Form Downtown Engagement and Public Safety Initiative
Barring contractor delays, the City of Springfield expects to conduct street resurfacing in the Commercial Street Historic District beginning Monday, Aug. 30 through Thursday, Sept. 2. Resurfacing work will impact driving lanes and parking stalls along Commercial Street between Washington Avenue and Lyon Avenue. The work will be completed in the following two sections:
- Washington Avenue to Robberson Avenue – Asphalt milling will begin in this section on Monday, Aug. 30. New asphalt and pavement markings will be applied on Tuesday, Aug. 31 (weather permitting).
- Robberson Avenue to Lyon Avenue – Asphalt milling will begin Wednesday, Sept. 1. New asphalt and pavement markings are anticipated in this section on Thursday, Sept. 2 (weather permitting).
The public can expect single-lane closures along the roadway, with a flagger posted to maintain 2-way traffic around the work site. Periodic full lane closures may be necessary. Between asphalt milling and overlay steps, the roadway surface will be rough, but driveable. The City will place "no parking" signs at least 48 hours in advance of any on-street parking closures. Motorists are advised to use caution when traveling through these work sites.
More on Missouriar
- Springfield: Grant to allow Fire Department to begin recycling used smoke alarms
- Columbia: Lane restrictions on East Stewart Drive Scheduled for Sept. 22 - Oct. 1
- New gallery exhibits including FROM FALLUJAH featuring four contemporary photographers work from Fallujah
- Springfield: East Grand Street closed between Devonshire Drive and Paula Avenue through Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Healthline Gate Launches its Health and Medical Information News Website
"C-Street business owners and visitors can also expect an amount of dust in the air as this work is conducted," explains Superintendent of Streets Colten Harris. "Unfortunately, this work may cause a bit of a headache for a few days, but we're grateful for patience and support as we work to provide a fresh new driving surface as quickly and efficiently as possible."
General contractor, APAC, will complete the project which is funded through the Major Street Resurfacing and Rehabilitation program of the voter-approved ¼-cent Capital Improvement Sales Tax.
For more information, please contact Communication Coordinator Kristen Milam at 573-819-3713 or [email protected].
Latest on Missouriar
- Kansas: Local Conservators Help Neighbors Protect Public Art
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Columbia: Sewer Utility schedules Interested Parties Meeting to discuss pump station maintenance
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- Columbia Mayor Brian Treece to hold community briefing Friday, Sept. 17
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Names Sheena Hamilton New St. Louis City Counselor
- Concessionaire for Kansas City International Airport New Terminal recommended to City Council
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Springfield: Register Today for 2021 Virtual Stop the Violence Conference
- Christine Chirco Joins Srote & Co Architects
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Center for Policing Equity and St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department Release Findings from National Justice Database Study
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience