- Beyond Visionary Has Partnered With Heal America To Host INFORM Dallas
- Sea Island Writers Retreat and chromatic black™ Host Three Virtual Writing Workshops
- Help Wanted: Oakland-Based Children Rising Seeks Volunteers to Help Students Overcome COVID-Related Learning Loss
Assistant Planning & Development Director Brendan Griesemer was one of 53 planners inducted into this year's American Institute of Certified Planners' College of Fellows at American Planning Association's National Planning Conference in San Diego in May. He is the fourth Missouri planner to be inducted into the College and the first planner in southern Missouri.
Griesemer has more than 30 years of planning experience. Griesemer founded the first student planning organization in the state of Missouri at Missouri State University. He was also a co-founder of the Ozark Mountain Section of the Missouri Chapter of APA which encompasses 28 counties in Southwest Missouri. Griesemer played key roles in the advancement of affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization in Springfield. He led the creation and development of the Springfield Community Land Trust providing affordable homeownership opportunities and was instrumental in establishing an Affordable Housing Center. He also increased neighborhood engagement by creating a neighborhood planning initiative that empowered citizens to direct millions of dollars into neighborhood infrastructure improvements, created over 10 new neighborhood organizations and created a neighborhood clean-up program.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia announces fire chief finalists
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Inland Water Works Supply Co.
- Springfield: Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Event will be held on Aug 18
- Evolytics Ranks #58 on Fortune's 2022 List of Best Small Workplaces™
Griesemer joined the City in 1996 as a senior planner and was promoted to assistant director of Planning & Development in 2017. He holds a bachelor's degree in community and regional planning from Missouri State University and a master's degree in urban planning from the University of Kansas.
Download portrait of Brendan.
For more information, please contact Melissa Haase at 417-536-7648 or [email protected]
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Andy's Frozen Custard launches Route 66 Festival competition
- Columbia: COVID-19 vaccine community clinic to be held at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church Aug. 13
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Emerson to Sell InSinkErator Business to Whirlpool Corporation
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- St. Louis: White House Declares Monkeypox a Public Health Emergency
- Springfield: Health Department promoting back-to-school vaccination opportunities for students
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Springfield: This week's COVID-19 public vaccination opportunities: August 8 - 12
- Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- State of Missouri Requests Federal Disaster Declaration for City of St. Louis
- CorEnergy Declares Common and Preferred Dividends, Provides Volume Update and Schedules Results Release for Second Quarter 2022
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Nino X Man releases Hip-Hop Compilation titled "662 the Truth" with No Limit Forever East
- St. Louis Municipal Courts Dismisses Backlog of Low-Level Cases as City of St. Louis Announces Date for Warrant Reset Day, Second Chance Job Fair
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Missouri American Water Completes Acquisition of Eureka Water and Wastewater Systems, Plans for Pipeline Construction