- Sea Island Writers Retreat and chromatic black™ Host Three Virtual Writing Workshops
- Help Wanted: Oakland-Based Children Rising Seeks Volunteers to Help Students Overcome COVID-Related Learning Loss
- Emerson Declares Dividend
"Following the resignations of two members, continuity, diversity, and collaboration on the Board of Education are key to moving forward and providing a better future for St. Louis students," said Mayor Tishaura O. Jones. "With backgrounds in social work, equity, as well as school administration, these two accomplished leaders represent these values well. I look forward to working alongside the full Board to improve schools and educational opportunities for families across St. Louis."
Brittany Hogan is a social worker with vast experience in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within the education system. Prior to accepting her current position as Manager for the Center for Human Service Leadership, a partnership between Washington University's School of Social Work and Delmar DiviNe, she served the Rockwood School District for eight years supporting the district's DEI initiatives, including monitoring transportation and educational outcomes for more than 1,400 St. Louis City children utilizing the Voluntary Transfer Student Program (VTS), coordinating the district's social workers, and promoting cultural competence in academics. Hogan holds a Master's Degree in Social Work from Washington University in St. Louis and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Hampton University.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia announces fire chief finalists
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Inland Water Works Supply Co.
- Springfield: Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Event will be held on Aug 18
- Evolytics Ranks #58 on Fortune's 2022 List of Best Small Workplaces™
"I am honored to be appointed to the Board of Education by Mayor Jones," said Brittany Hogan. "I look forward to joining my new colleagues to help make sure every student in the SLPS community can succeed and thrive."
Dr. Wright has a long and distinguished career as an academic leader in the St. Louis region. His previous jobs include serving as the Superintendent of the Kinloch School District, and interim Superintendent of St. Louis and Normandy Public School Districts. Dr. Wright is also a published author of seventeen books, and currently serves on the boards of the Mercantile Library and St. Louis Missouri-Senegal Sister Cities Committee, and as Honorary Consul for the Republic of Senegal for Missouri. Wright holds a PhD and MED from St. Louis University as well as a Bachelor of Arts from Harris Teachers College, now Harris Stowe State University. He is a St. Louis native who graduated from Sumner High School.
Wright will serve out the remainder of the term of his predecessor, Dr. Joyce Roberts, which ends in November. Hogan will serve through the term of her predecessor, Regina Fowler, which ends in April.
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Andy's Frozen Custard launches Route 66 Festival competition
- Columbia: COVID-19 vaccine community clinic to be held at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church Aug. 13
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Emerson to Sell InSinkErator Business to Whirlpool Corporation
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- St. Louis: White House Declares Monkeypox a Public Health Emergency
- Springfield: Health Department promoting back-to-school vaccination opportunities for students
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Springfield: This week's COVID-19 public vaccination opportunities: August 8 - 12
- Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- State of Missouri Requests Federal Disaster Declaration for City of St. Louis
- CorEnergy Declares Common and Preferred Dividends, Provides Volume Update and Schedules Results Release for Second Quarter 2022
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Nino X Man releases Hip-Hop Compilation titled "662 the Truth" with No Limit Forever East
- St. Louis Municipal Courts Dismisses Backlog of Low-Level Cases as City of St. Louis Announces Date for Warrant Reset Day, Second Chance Job Fair
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Missouri American Water Completes Acquisition of Eureka Water and Wastewater Systems, Plans for Pipeline Construction