- Looks Can Be Deceiving - 10 Things Every American Should Consider Before Travelling to Panama
- Columbia: Smoke in Building NextGen Precision Health Institute
- Revize Client City of Wentzville, MO Takes Home Silver Circle Award at 3CMA Conference
The Kansas City Emergency Rental Assistance Center (KCERAC) is opening at 1 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 17. The new center will help tenants in need by expediting distribution of Federal Emergency Relief Act Program funding.
So if you need help applying for emergency rent and utility assistance, you'll find it inside of our Housing and Community Development Department offices at 4400 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd (formerly 4400 Blue Parkway).
Since Aug. 30, 2021, we have distributed nearly 75 percent ($10,219,701) of this federal funding, earning recognition from the National Low Income Housing Coalition as an overall leader nationwide in ERAP fund distribution. Nearly 2,400 households have received an average of $4,249 in assistance.
"The biggest challenge issue we have in processing applications is incorrect or insufficient information, so this will help us process the applications faster and get the money out faster to those who need it most," said Jennifer Tidwell, interim director of the Housing and Community Development Department. "The Housing Department would like to thank all of our community partners for their exceptional work in assisting KCMO residents."
More on Missouriar
- Springfield: Grant to allow Fire Department to begin recycling used smoke alarms
- Columbia: Lane restrictions on East Stewart Drive Scheduled for Sept. 22 - Oct. 1
- New gallery exhibits including FROM FALLUJAH featuring four contemporary photographers work from Fallujah
- Springfield: East Grand Street closed between Devonshire Drive and Paula Avenue through Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Healthline Gate Launches its Health and Medical Information News Website
The KCERAC will be open by appointment only on Sept. 17 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. After that, the center will follow this schedule:
- Beginning Monday, Sept. 20, the center is open by appointment only on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to noon; and 1-4 p.m.
- On Thursdays from 1-6 p.m.
Residents who need assistance must call (816) 513-4501 to schedule an appointment and COVID-19 restrictions apply, so you must wear a mask. Please bring:
- Identification (driver's license, birth certificate, etc.)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Income (pay stub, W-2 forms, 2020 tax return)
- Documentation of Need
There also will be opportunities for residents to learn more about the application process directly. There are three Saturday information sessions at Manual Career Technical High School, 1215 E. Truman Rd. The sessions run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Here are the details:
- Sept. 25 – Congressman Emanuel Cleaver, II will be there to kick off the Saturday Center from 11-11:15 a.m.
- Oct. 2
- Oct. 9
For more information, media can contact John Baccala at (816) 513-3202.
Latest on Missouriar
- Kansas: Local Conservators Help Neighbors Protect Public Art
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Columbia: Sewer Utility schedules Interested Parties Meeting to discuss pump station maintenance
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- Columbia Mayor Brian Treece to hold community briefing Friday, Sept. 17
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Names Sheena Hamilton New St. Louis City Counselor
- Concessionaire for Kansas City International Airport New Terminal recommended to City Council
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Springfield: Register Today for 2021 Virtual Stop the Violence Conference
- Christine Chirco Joins Srote & Co Architects
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Center for Policing Equity and St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department Release Findings from National Justice Database Study
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience