- Emerson Declares Dividend
- Kansas: Housing Trust Fund Board recommends 14 housing proposals
- Beyond Visionary Has Partnered With Heal America To Host INFORM Dallas
CONTACT: Douglas Jones, City Auditor, (816) 513-3300
The City Auditor's Office is conducting a series of quarterly audits to evaluate the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department's use of the Community Policing and Prevention fund. In March 2022, the City Council passed Ordinance 220216 creating the fund.
The ordinance establishes the city's expectations regarding the Police Department's expenditure of $33.36 million in 12 categories during fiscal year 2023. Additionally, the ordinance directs the city auditor to conduct quarterly audits on the Board of Police Commissioners' and Police Department's efforts to use these funds as expected.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia announces fire chief finalists
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Inland Water Works Supply Co.
- Springfield: Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Event will be held on Aug 18
- Evolytics Ranks #58 on Fortune's 2022 List of Best Small Workplaces™
The objective of this audit is to determine whether the Police Department spent the Community Policing and Prevention Fund as expected by the City Council during the quarter.
View the audit Scope Statement online on our Recent Reports page.
The scope statement is scheduled to be presented at the Council Business Session at 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 4, 2022.
Did you know you can submit audit ideas to the city auditor?
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Andy's Frozen Custard launches Route 66 Festival competition
- Columbia: COVID-19 vaccine community clinic to be held at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church Aug. 13
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Emerson to Sell InSinkErator Business to Whirlpool Corporation
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- St. Louis: White House Declares Monkeypox a Public Health Emergency
- Springfield: Health Department promoting back-to-school vaccination opportunities for students
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Springfield: This week's COVID-19 public vaccination opportunities: August 8 - 12
- Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- State of Missouri Requests Federal Disaster Declaration for City of St. Louis
- CorEnergy Declares Common and Preferred Dividends, Provides Volume Update and Schedules Results Release for Second Quarter 2022
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Nino X Man releases Hip-Hop Compilation titled "662 the Truth" with No Limit Forever East
- St. Louis Municipal Courts Dismisses Backlog of Low-Level Cases as City of St. Louis Announces Date for Warrant Reset Day, Second Chance Job Fair
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Missouri American Water Completes Acquisition of Eureka Water and Wastewater Systems, Plans for Pipeline Construction