- Looks Can Be Deceiving - 10 Things Every American Should Consider Before Travelling to Panama
- Columbia: Smoke in Building NextGen Precision Health Institute
- Revize Client City of Wentzville, MO Takes Home Silver Circle Award at 3CMA Conference
Three weeks into the new school year and CrossSafe, the contract agency that helps manage crossing guards for Springfield Public Schools, is still in need of crossing guards to fill a handful of open school crossing locations.
Crossing guard shifts are typically 55 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon on all days school is in session. Guards are paid $14.20 per hour with training provided. Those interested must have a willingness to work outside in all weather conditions and have the ability to stand for 1-2 hours at a time and hold a stop paddle.
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, all crossing guards are required to wear masks for the protection of themselves and the students and pedestrians they serve.
"The most rewarding part of being a crossing guard is knowing at the end of each day you helped contribute to the safety and well-being of the students and families you serve," says CrossSafe Supervisor Josh Allen. "You become invested in the community and there is great purpose in that. It is a very meaningful calling."
More on Missouriar
- Springfield: Grant to allow Fire Department to begin recycling used smoke alarms
- Columbia: Lane restrictions on East Stewart Drive Scheduled for Sept. 22 - Oct. 1
- New gallery exhibits including FROM FALLUJAH featuring four contemporary photographers work from Fallujah
- Springfield: East Grand Street closed between Devonshire Drive and Paula Avenue through Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Healthline Gate Launches its Health and Medical Information News Website
The City of Springfield and Springfield Public Schools partner to provide crossing guard services at approximately 26 locations across the city.
"We received a good response from our first call for guards, but we still have 3-5 slots to fill," says City Traffic Safety Professional Mandy Buettgen-Quinn. "The City is committed to covering all crossing guard locations, so Public Works, Springfield Police Department employees and others are helping fill in as our busy work schedules allow. We're hopeful more community members will come forward and apply to help keep students safe."
To learn more and apply, see the online job posting or call 417-619-2899.
# # #
For more information, contact Communication Coordinator Kristen Milam at 573-819-3713 or [email protected]
Latest on Missouriar
- Kansas: Local Conservators Help Neighbors Protect Public Art
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Columbia: Sewer Utility schedules Interested Parties Meeting to discuss pump station maintenance
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- Columbia Mayor Brian Treece to hold community briefing Friday, Sept. 17
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Names Sheena Hamilton New St. Louis City Counselor
- Concessionaire for Kansas City International Airport New Terminal recommended to City Council
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Springfield: Register Today for 2021 Virtual Stop the Violence Conference
- Christine Chirco Joins Srote & Co Architects
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Center for Policing Equity and St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department Release Findings from National Justice Database Study
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience