- Emerson Declares Dividend
- Beyond Visionary Has Partnered With Heal America To Host INFORM Dallas
- Sea Island Writers Retreat and chromatic black™ Host Three Virtual Writing Workshops
- Wednesday, Jan.19, 2022, in Room A, Activity & Recreation Center (ARC), 1701 West Ash Street, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 20, 2022, at John B. Lange Middle School, 2201 Smiley Lane, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 24, 2022, at the Fellowship Room, Rock Bridge Christian Church, 301 West Green Meadows Road, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022, at City of Refuge, 7 East Sexton Road, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
All interested persons are welcome to attend and may come and go as they please. The purpose of these meetings is to engage the public in the work of the Ward Reapportionment Committee, which began Dec. 13, 2022, and will end in a report to the City Council to be completed by Feb. 15, 2022. Participants are invited to offer comments on three draft "trial" maps (A, B, C) and the process in general, as well as learn more about the work of Council ward redistricting. The public should be aware that at this point in the process the maps are works in progress.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia announces fire chief finalists
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Inland Water Works Supply Co.
- Springfield: Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Event will be held on Aug 18
- Evolytics Ranks #58 on Fortune's 2022 List of Best Small Workplaces™
The Columbia City Charter (Article I, Section 4) provides "The city shall be divided into (6) wards, the boundaries of which shall be established by ordinance. Wards shall comprise compact and contiguous territory and contain, as nearly a possible, an equal number of inhabitants. Ward boundaries shall be reviewed and revised from time to time, as may be necessary to maintain as nearly as possible an equal number of inhabitants in each ward."
The City Council appointed the Ward Reapportionment Committee in November 2021 for the purpose of making recommendations on an updated ward map to the City Council by Feb. 15, 2022. A new ward map will not become effective until after the April 5, 2022, municipal election.
For more information, visit CoMo.gov/boards/ward-reapportionment-committee/.
Questions may be directed to the Ward Reapportionment Committee via Planning@CoMo.govcreate new email.
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Andy's Frozen Custard launches Route 66 Festival competition
- Columbia: COVID-19 vaccine community clinic to be held at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church Aug. 13
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Emerson to Sell InSinkErator Business to Whirlpool Corporation
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- St. Louis: White House Declares Monkeypox a Public Health Emergency
- Springfield: Health Department promoting back-to-school vaccination opportunities for students
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Springfield: This week's COVID-19 public vaccination opportunities: August 8 - 12
- Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- State of Missouri Requests Federal Disaster Declaration for City of St. Louis
- CorEnergy Declares Common and Preferred Dividends, Provides Volume Update and Schedules Results Release for Second Quarter 2022
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Nino X Man releases Hip-Hop Compilation titled "662 the Truth" with No Limit Forever East
- St. Louis Municipal Courts Dismisses Backlog of Low-Level Cases as City of St. Louis Announces Date for Warrant Reset Day, Second Chance Job Fair
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Missouri American Water Completes Acquisition of Eureka Water and Wastewater Systems, Plans for Pipeline Construction