- Crowds Wire LTD is Launching the Marketing Agency New Site
- Wohler releases iAM-AUDIO-8 with AoIP options
- Columbia: 3100 Block of Creasy Springs Road
Date & Time: Tuesday, Nov. 30 at approximately 5:15 p.m.
Location: Providence and East Sexton Roads.
Vehicle 1: 2009 Hyundai Sonata
Driver 1: Susan D. Hanel, 72, Columbia, MO, seatbelt unknown, no Injuries
Vehicle 2: 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R
Driver 2: Skylar J. Maddox, 25, Columbia, MO, helmet, fatal injuries. Next of kin has been notified.
Vehicle 3: 2015 Toyota Rav4
Driver 3: Cindy L. Hilgers, 53, Columbia, MO, seatbelt, no injuries
Hanel was traveling north on Providence Road and entered the center turn lane at East Sexton Road. Maddox was traveling south on Providence Road near East Sexton Road. Hanel failed to yield when making a left turn and entered into the path of Maddox. Maddox was unable to avoid Hanel's vehicle and collided with the rear passenger side. Maddox was ejected from his motorcycle into the southbound lanes.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia to open temporary overnight warming center at Wabash Bus Station Jan. 28
- Self-Care Routine Cards, LLC Website Launch
- QM Power Fortifies Partnership with University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Expands U.S. Presence
- Mr. Ismail Sirdah – A Man Of Intelligence And Patience
- Caleres Earns Top Score in Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index
Hilgers was traveling north on Providence Road, just south of the crash. Hilgers was able to avoid Maddox but struck his motorcycle.
Maddox was transported to a local hospital by EMS where he was pronounced dead from his injuries.
After the crash, Hanel failed to stop and continued westbound on Sexton Road. Hanel and her vehicle were located at her residence.
Hanel was arrested on the following charges: driving while impaired (drugs) resulting in death; leaving the scene of an accident; armed criminal action; operating a motor vehicle without a valid license; and careless and imprudent driving. She was remanded to the custody of the Boone County Jail.
This is an ongoing investigation. More information may become available at a later time.
If you know something, say something. Columbia Police are asking for your help. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to please contact the Columbia Police Department at 573.874.7652 or CrimeStoppers at 573.875.TIPS (8477) to remain anonymous.
Case number 2021-011912
Latest on Missouriar
- Console & Associates, P.C. Explores Possible Lawsuits Stemming from Dark Herring Scamware
- Association of Corporate Counsel – St. Louis Chapter Elects 2022 Board of Directors
- Master Magnetics Offers Neodymium Magnets for Sale
- Greasezilla® Experiences Demand Surge Amid Global Urgency to Mitigate Landfilling and Generate Renewable Energy Alternatives
- Three Ways Healthcare is Changing in 2022
- Edward Jones Earns Perfect Score in Human Rights Campaign's 2022 Corporate Equality Index
- World Wide Technology Earns 95 in Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index
- edjuster Modernizes Insurance Claims Process with Streamlined Field Support
- Metrotel from Argentina Chooses Axiros for Full Automation of Their Device and Service Lifecycles
- Mens Environmentally Conscious Swimwear To Debut At New York Fashion Week
- Springfield Police Department Honors Four Promotions
- IDMWORKS Nabs Top 2021 Honors as "Americas SailPoint Partner of the Year" for the Fourth Time in the Past Five Years
- Columbia: Parks and Recreation reopening park and trail restrooms
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
- City of St. Louis Seeks Applicants for Detention Facilities Oversight Board
- Columbia: Changes to COVID-19 data reporting, Information Hub
- Columbia: Lane restrictions and sidewalk closures on Worley Street to continue through February
- Sababa returns to Washington University on September 18
- ATXI receives final approval to construct the Limestone Ridge Project in southeast Missouri
- Neptuno USA, Corp Completes NAAP© Asset Management Program Implementation and 3D Site Virtualization of Vertical Portfolio of Missouri Based Gateway Towers, a Subsidiary of Chariton Valley