- Sea Island Writers Retreat and chromatic black™ Host Three Virtual Writing Workshops
- Help Wanted: Oakland-Based Children Rising Seeks Volunteers to Help Students Overcome COVID-Related Learning Loss
- Emerson Declares Dividend
Several City services will be impacted by the holiday.
Residential curbside recycling and trash will not be collected on the observed holiday and will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. The landfill will also be closed Monday.
Residents can download the COMO Recycle and Trash app for collection day reminders and service notifications. Questions concerning the collection schedule should be directed to the Contact Center at 573.874.CITY (2489).
Go COMO, Columbia's public transit system, will not operate July 4. However, Go COMO Transit will provide a bus route from the following City parking garages to Stephens Lake Park, the site of the City's Fourth of July Fire in the Sky celebration: Fifth and Walnut, Eighth and Walnut, Eighth and Cherry, Tenth and Cherry, Sixth and Cherry, and Short Street. This free bus service will run continuously from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m., July 4, to move passengers between downtown parking garages and the City's Fire in the Sky celebration. Passengers will be able to track the position of the shuttles using the free Go COMO app. Fire in the Sky will start at 6 p.m. with kids activities, entertainment and food trucks, capped off with fireworks at about 9:15 p.m.
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia announces fire chief finalists
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Inland Water Works Supply Co.
- Springfield: Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Event will be held on Aug 18
- Evolytics Ranks #58 on Fortune's 2022 List of Best Small Workplaces™
Parking enforcement will be suspended July 4.
Although administrative offices for both the Police and Fire departments will be closed, all other emergency services will be available.
The City's Activity & Recreation Center (ARC) will operate at reduced hours July 4 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Albert-Oakland Family Aquatic Center and Douglass Family Aquatic Center will be open from noon to 5 p.m. July 4.
Please visit CoMo.gov/Utilities for phone numbers to contact staff regarding emergencies related to Water & Light, Sewer and Stormwater.
Latest on Missouriar
- Springfield: Andy's Frozen Custard launches Route 66 Festival competition
- Columbia: COVID-19 vaccine community clinic to be held at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church Aug. 13
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Emerson to Sell InSinkErator Business to Whirlpool Corporation
- Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Measurable Impact on Employee Health and Productivity from Employee Assistance Program
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- World's First Walkie-Talkie Bone Conduction Sport Headphones
- St. Louis: White House Declares Monkeypox a Public Health Emergency
- Springfield: Health Department promoting back-to-school vaccination opportunities for students
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Springfield: This week's COVID-19 public vaccination opportunities: August 8 - 12
- Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- State of Missouri Requests Federal Disaster Declaration for City of St. Louis
- CorEnergy Declares Common and Preferred Dividends, Provides Volume Update and Schedules Results Release for Second Quarter 2022
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Nino X Man releases Hip-Hop Compilation titled "662 the Truth" with No Limit Forever East
- St. Louis Municipal Courts Dismisses Backlog of Low-Level Cases as City of St. Louis Announces Date for Warrant Reset Day, Second Chance Job Fair
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Missouri American Water Completes Acquisition of Eureka Water and Wastewater Systems, Plans for Pipeline Construction