- Crowds Wire LTD is Launching the Marketing Agency New Site
- Wohler releases iAM-AUDIO-8 with AoIP options
- Columbia: 3100 Block of Creasy Springs Road
The public is invited to be part of history and attend the beam-signing and topping-off ceremony at Columbia Regional Airport, 11400 S. Airport Dr. Thursday, Dec. 2.
The beam signing will take place at 1:30 p.m. followed by the topping-off ceremony at 2 p.m.
Those in attendance will be able to sign their name on the beam, which will then be used in a topping-off celebration as the last beam is placed in a construction project. The beam, and the public's signatures, will forever be part of the new COU terminal. Work to build the new terminal at COU continues and is on track to be completed by summer of 2022.
"Topping-off ceremonies are an exciting symbol of progress for any project. This ceremony will allow people to be a part of Columbia's history," Columbia City Manager John Glascock said. "The airport's runway extension and new terminal mark our entire region's growth and ability to experience and travel the world."
More on Missouriar
- City of Columbia to open temporary overnight warming center at Wabash Bus Station Jan. 28
- Self-Care Routine Cards, LLC Website Launch
- QM Power Fortifies Partnership with University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Expands U.S. Presence
- Mr. Ismail Sirdah – A Man Of Intelligence And Patience
- Caleres Earns Top Score in Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index
City of Columbia Mayor Brian Treece and Jefferson City Mayor Carrie Tergin, along with other local leaders, will be speaking at the beam signing.
"This event will be an opportunity for all of us to celebrate the highly anticipated improvements at COU and we invite everyone to take part," Glasscock added.
The beam-signing ceremony was originally scheduled for Friday, Oct. 29, but was postponed due to the anticipated inclement weather. Guests should look for parking and shuttle signs.
Learn more about the new terminal project at FlyCOU.com/Columbia-Regional-Airport-terminal-project/.
Latest on Missouriar
- Console & Associates, P.C. Explores Possible Lawsuits Stemming from Dark Herring Scamware
- Association of Corporate Counsel – St. Louis Chapter Elects 2022 Board of Directors
- Master Magnetics Offers Neodymium Magnets for Sale
- Greasezilla® Experiences Demand Surge Amid Global Urgency to Mitigate Landfilling and Generate Renewable Energy Alternatives
- Three Ways Healthcare is Changing in 2022
- Edward Jones Earns Perfect Score in Human Rights Campaign's 2022 Corporate Equality Index
- World Wide Technology Earns 95 in Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index
- edjuster Modernizes Insurance Claims Process with Streamlined Field Support
- Metrotel from Argentina Chooses Axiros for Full Automation of Their Device and Service Lifecycles
- Mens Environmentally Conscious Swimwear To Debut At New York Fashion Week
- Springfield Police Department Honors Four Promotions
- IDMWORKS Nabs Top 2021 Honors as "Americas SailPoint Partner of the Year" for the Fourth Time in the Past Five Years
- Columbia: Parks and Recreation reopening park and trail restrooms
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
- City of St. Louis Seeks Applicants for Detention Facilities Oversight Board
- Columbia: Changes to COVID-19 data reporting, Information Hub
- Columbia: Lane restrictions and sidewalk closures on Worley Street to continue through February
- Sababa returns to Washington University on September 18
- ATXI receives final approval to construct the Limestone Ridge Project in southeast Missouri
- Neptuno USA, Corp Completes NAAP© Asset Management Program Implementation and 3D Site Virtualization of Vertical Portfolio of Missouri Based Gateway Towers, a Subsidiary of Chariton Valley